Montgomery Woods

  • vishnu
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 6 10:03 PM
      Today in Montgomery Woods, Sun. 3/6, I heard on 2 occasions a booming Grouse
      (presumed) Blue.
      This was not in the popular "big trees" section but along the creek trail
      that runs north/south about 1/4 mile in from the eastern boundary of the
      Woods.

      I also walked in to the western groves later and was in the Kellie-Owen
      Grove (where Barred Owls have been encountered in previous years) from 5:45
      pm until 6: 40 pm. There was no owl activity in that area at all but from
      6:15 - 6:20 I could hear at least 2, and I think 3, owls calling in the
      distance. I would estimate that they were in or around the main Montgomery
      Grove.
      My ear could not make out whether they were Northern Spotted or Barred Owls.

      Vishnu