Breeding Bird Census at BLM's Stornetta Ranch Preserve (Pt Arena)

  • David Jensen
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 22, 2005
      As many of you know, BLM recently purchased 1132 acres of the Stornetta Ranch located at the mouth of the Garcia River in Mendocino county. This spring and early summer, the Mendocino Coast Audubon Society will conduct a Breeding Bird Survey in several key habitat areas of that preserve. We intend to gather data that may be used to develop and guide future management decisions. At this time we are asking for volunteers to join us in this effort. Mad River Biologists of Arcata have been hired to help design this study and to develop protocols and reporting forms. One training session/orientation meeting will be held at Point Arena on Saturday, April 23. Surveys will begin after that date. Future notices will announce our plans for fall and winter surveys. Interested persons should call Toby Tobkin at 964-6216, David Jensen at 961-2616, or reply to this message.