Re: [Mendobirds] "AL" continued

  • Jeff Davis
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 10, 2005
      Mention of "Al" in the journal Field Notes first appeared in the summer 1995
      issue (vol. 49, p. 192):

      "A hint that Laysan Albatrosses may be prospecting California for nesting
      sites was the individual that regularly flew in to spend long periods of
      time in Pt. Arena Cove, Mendocino, Nov. 30-Mar. 5 [1994-1995] (M. Martin,
      m.ob.); a local boat skipper reported that it had been present since July!"

      Perhaps M. Martin is the out-of-state birder Jerry was thinking of.

      Jeff Davis
      Prather, CA