"AL" Laysan Albatross History

  • Floyd Hayes
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 10, 2005
      Unfortunately Al was apparently enjoying Christmas
      dinner elsewhere when I dragged my family out there on
      Christmas afternoon. A long but lovely drive. Are
      there any data or guesstimates on the probability of
      Al being there on any given visit?

      Floyd Hayes
      Hidden Valley Lake, Lake Co.
    • Robert J. Keiffer
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 11, 2005
        Floyd, Over the years I have experienced and told people that they have
        about a 50/50 chance on any particular day .... and you never know what
        time of day it will arrive or leave. So if you head over there plan on
        staying the day and checking back at the cove every couple of hours
        throughout the day. Good luck.

        At 05:51 PM 2/10/2005, Floyd Hayes wrote:

        >Unfortunately Al was apparently enjoying Christmas
        >dinner elsewhere when I dragged my family out there on
        >Christmas afternoon. A long but lovely drive. Are
        >there any data or guesstimates on the probability of
        >Al being there on any given visit?
        >
        >Floyd Hayes
        >Hidden Valley Lake, Lake Co.

        >Listowners: mailto:MENDOBIRDS-owner@yahoogroups.com
        >For vacation suspension of mail go to the website. Click on Edit My
        >Membership and set your mail option to No Email. Or, send a blank email to
        >these addresses:
        >Turn off email delivery: mailto:MENDOBIRDS-nomail@yahoogroups.com
        >Resume email delivery: mailto:MENDOBIRDS-normal@yahoogroups.com
        >

        >Yahoo! Groups Links

        Robert J. Keiffer
        Principal Supt. of Agriculture
        UC Hopland Research & Extension Center
        4070 University Road
        Hopland, CA 95449
        (707) 744-1424 FAX (707) 744-1040

        Theodore Roosevelt

      • John Sterling
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 11, 2005
          I have only seen in once in about 5 tries.....

          John Sterling
          VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

          26 Palm Ave
          Woodland, CA 95695