Northeastern Mendocino County

  • Jerry White
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 5, 2005
      Yesterday, February 4th, I birded Round Valley (Covelo) and vicinity. There were 3 Ferruginous Hawks including a dark morph,
      2 Prairie Falcons, one adult and one immature Bald Eagle, and a "Slate-Colored" Fox Sparrow. In the Mendocino National Forest below snowline at about 3000 feet there was a male Cassin's Finch. At Dos Rios I heard a calling Canyon Wren.
      Jerry White