South Coast

  • Jerry White
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 17, 2005
      Yesterday morning at the Garcia Flats I found one of the male Eurasian Wigeon reported earlier.
      The Laysan Albatross was at Arena Cove around noon.
      In the afternoon on 3 of the stops on Mountain View Road I heard Red-breasted Nuthatch's. Jerry White

    • chaniot@pacific.net
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 11, 2005
        Sun, 11 Dec 2005 -- Dorothy Tobkin reports from a field trip to the south
        Mendocino coast today:
        35 TUNDRA SWANS seen at Brush Creek from the end of Bristol Road.
        There was also a SNOW GOOSE among Canada Geese in the same general area.
        1 male EURASIAN WIGEON on a pond along the lower Garcia River, seen
        from the overlook at the end of Lighthouse Road.
        1 SAY'S PHOEBE on Stoneboro Road
        1 LAYSAN ALBATROS flew into Arena Cove at 11:45 and settled down in
        its usual place.