Southern Lake County, 01-09

  • Floyd Hayes
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 9, 2005
      I moved to Lake County a few months ago, joined
      Mendobirds a few weeks ago, and finally found some
      time today for local birding.

      GLAUCOUS-WINGED GULL: Three (1st-basic immature,
      3rd-basic immature and basic adult) among gulls on
      pier at Austin Park, Clearlake, in late afternoon.

      LAWRENCE'S GOLDFINCH: Three males in my neighborhood
      at Hidden Valley Lake.

      DOUBLE-CRESTED CORMORANT (5), RING-NECKED DUCK (62),
      RUDDY DUCK (16) and COMMON MERGANSER (23) at Detert
      Reservoir, Butts Canyon. Up to three HOODED MERGANSERS
      were present in November and December. I drive by the
      reservoir nearly every day, but usually in the dark.

      Floyd Hayes
      Hidden Valley Lake