Ross's Goose

  • Jerry White
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 5, 2005
      I just found out that Bryan McIntosh first found the Ross's Goose (reported on the prior post) yesterday. J. White

    • Robert Keiffer
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 14, 2012
        14 March 2012 - Wednesday - One adult ROSS'S GOOSE was with Canada Geese in the Crofoot Ranch pasture along highway 101 4 miles north of Hopland
        This afternoon. Good Birding! Bob Keiffer.

      • Robert Keiffer
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 24, 2013
          Saturday - 23 November 2013 - An adult ROSS'S GOOSE was mixed with the grazing Canada Geese at Crofoot's property along Highway 101 about 4 miles north of Hopland.  This is the white-fenced cattle/llama pasture on the east side of Highway 101.   It was there in the morning and at 3:00PM in the afternoon.   I only had binoculars, not a spotting scope, but the size comparison between the bird and the Canadas tells me that it is a Ross's and not a Snow Goose.  Good Birding.  Bob Keiffer    rjkeiffer@...