Empid at CLSPark-Lake County

  • Jerry White
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 4, 2005
      Some additional information concerning the flycatcher found at CLSP is in order.
      Prior to our local CBC on December 18th Bryan McIntosh found an empid in the same general area as the recently reported bird.
      He only saw it briefly but also got a sound recording which I listened to. The recording was not conclusive but he and I agreed that it most sounded like a Hammond's Flycatcher. The final decision based on the recording and Bryan's brief look is that it was a "probable" Hammond's. Since we were not certain I thought it prudent to let others know in case anyone else gets a good look at this bird. Assuming it is the same bird, which is likely.

      Bryan looked for the bird today with no luck. Jerry