Adult Bald Eagle

  • Robert J. Keiffer
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 22, 2004
      Wednesday, 22 December 2004 - At 1:30 PM there was an adult Bald Eagle
      perched on an oak tree about 1/2 mile east on University Road,
      Hopland. This is the road to the Hopland Research & Extension
      Center. Also, a Say's Phoebe is hanging around the permanent pasture on
      the north side of the road in the same vicinity. Good Birding... Bob Keiffer

      Robert J. Keiffer
      Principal Supt. of Agriculture
      UC Hopland Research & Extension Center
      4070 University Road
      Hopland, CA 95449
      (707) 744-1424 FAX (707) 744-1040

      Theodore Roosevelt

    • Dave
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 19, 2012
        Today, during a 5th grade Flight School hike at Redwood Valley Outdoor Edc. Project we observed an adult Bald Eagle soaring above us. Right after we spotted it, it was attacked and harassed by a Sharp-shinned Hawk. Time was 11:45 am. It was great for the kids and us.

        Dave Bengston
        Ukiah