Lake County

  • Jerry White
    Message 1 of 160 , Dec 16 9:05 PM
      Today around 10 AM I found a shrike in High Valley above Clearlake Oaks. The bird was in the vicinity of the last vineyard just before High Valley Rd starts up into the mountains. This is about 1/4 of a mile past MM 3.57. Dave Woodward later in the day found the bird in a different location (still on the valley floor) near the large white barn. We believe this bird was an immature Northern Shrike.

      Dave also found 11 Yellow-billed Magpies and a Prairie Falcon in the same area and we both saw a Ferruginous Hawk.

      Jerry White

    • stevestump
      Message 160 of 160 , Nov 15, 2014

        11/15/14 0745