Continuing Cattle Egret

  • Matthew Matthiessen
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 15, 2004
      Wed, 15 Dec - This afternoon the CATTLE EGRET continued at the Garcia
      Flats. The bird was still associating with the large flock of Great and
      Snowy Egrets. Initially I found the bird north of the Garcia River and
      on the west side of Hwy 1 within the Stornetta farm. This is private
      property and has restriced access but I sought and was granted
      permission to drive into the farm to look at the bird. Eventually the
      CAEG (along with the entire flock of egrets) flew to the east side of
      Hwy 1 where it was easily veiwable from the road.

      At Brushy Creek there was one male EURASIAN WIGEON, 35 TUNDRA SWANS,
      and three GREATER WHITE-FRONTED GEESE.

      Matthew Matthiessen
      Ukiah, MEN, CA