Al is back

  • Dennis Braddy
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 28, 2004
      MendoBirders,

      The LAYSAN ALBATROSS has returned to Point Arena cove. At 4:15 P.M. today we
      spotted Al sleeping about 500 feet beyond the end of the pier near an
      anchored fishing boat. Al eventually roused himself, yawned and stretched a
      few times, and then paddled slowly about the area.

      Dennis and Patricia Braddy
      San Ramon
    • Jeff Petit
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 1 6:27 PM
        An update from Arena Cove

        He returned this afternoon (was'nt there this morning) after approximately a week.  After a long preen and rest, we were fortutate enough to see him fly around the surfers, circled twice and land in his favorite spot.  Happy to have him back.

        Good Birding,
        Beth and Jeff

        P.S. - Always bring your camera - no matter how many times you've been there or seen that - you just never know.