Horned Larks

  • Matthew Matthiessen
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 8, 2004
      Sun, Nov 7, 2004 - Yesterday at the Mendocino Headlands the two HORNED
      LARKS reported by Toby last week had been joined by a third individual.
      The birds seemed to prefer the area around the sister city monument
      itself. I could not locate the longspur reported by Toby.

      The ROSS'S GOOSE continued at Caspar Pond. It appears to have an
      injured wing so it may stay around for a while. At Lake Cleone there
      was one REDHEAD, one SNOW GOOSE, and two CACKLING GEESE. From Laguna
      Point the birds of note I scoped were one WHITE-WINGED SCOTER, one
      BONAPARTE'S GULL, and three ANCIENT MURRELETS.

      Good Birding
      Matthew Matthiessen
      Ukiah, MEN, CA
    • Jessica Morton
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 9, 2004
        Four vivid Horned Larks were feeding slightly to the north of the
        Miasa monument at Mendocino Headlands on Monday about 12:45 p.m. and
        offered great views of beautiful markings and tufts.
      • richhubie
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 17, 2008
          Mon. 17 Nov. 2008. I found 2 Horned Larks today, walking the bluffs
          just north of the Point Cabrillo Lighthouse at 3:17PM.

          Richard Hubacek