Palm Warbler in Fort Bragg

  • David Jensen
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 19, 2004
      Tuesday, October 19, 2004. Today I found a Palm Warbler at the Mendocino County Avilla Center on south Franklin Street in Fort Bragg. There were also two Bewick's Wrens at Glass Beach, one in the bushes on the path to the beach, and another in the Cypress tree often used as a homeless (or urban nomad) camp.

      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 1, 2012
        Thu, 1 Nov 2012 -- Late morning, I saw a "western" PALM WARBLER in
        Fort Bragg while on a short detour from running errands.  The tail-flicking
        warbler was near Fir & West Streets (actually west of West at a dirt alley
        next to the old mill property fence.  The bird flew from a small tree to the
        fence, then out into the mill property.  There is an old pond nearby.

        Also, I drove out Pudding Creek Rd to Bald Hill Rd, where there were 16
        CACKLING GEESE with about 120 Canada Geese.

        Karen Havlena
        Fort Bragg, MEN, Ca