Continueing USTP Avocets

  • Matthew Matthiessen
    Message 1 of 1 , May 29, 2001
      Took a break from work this morning (Tuesday May 29) at 0800 and ran
      over to the USTP to see if the avocets were still there. It only took a
      few seconds of scoping to find the two AMERICAN AVOCETS reported on the
      26th (thanks Chuck). Also present were a flock of seven WHITE-FACED
      IBIS. Both species were on the north pond. The avocets were fairly
      cooperative so I attempted to photograph them. When I finished
      photographing the avocets, the ibis (ibises?) were gone. I never heard
      or saw them leave so I don't know which direction the flew. However the
      mudflats are fairly extensive so they might return. The avocets were
      still in place when I left at 0845.

      Good Birding
      Matthew Matthiessen