Jackson State Forest late sighting. . .

  • Feather Forestwalker
    Message 1 of 1 , May 28, 2001
      May 27th, while taking a rather long leisurely walk with a friend, I
      spotted a male DARK-EYED JUNCO sitting on the top of a pine in the
      Leisure Time RV Park off Highway 20 near Fort Bragg. As we descended the
      trails, down to a logging road, we spotted a pair of DARK-EYED JUNCOES,
      male and female, flitting around searching frantically for insects.

      Has anyone heard of Dark-eyed Juncoes nesting so close to the coast? I
      suspect that they were nesting since they were hunting insects together
      and were not eating them, but gathering them in their bills. . .

      Feather