Hawk Hill field trip info

  • Kate Marianchild
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 3, 2004
      Calendar Announcements

      Thursday, Sept. 16, 7 p.m.: "Kli kli kli kli kli!" If we're lucky, a live American kestrel will electrify the crowd with this call at a slideshow/lecture by Alida Morzenti in the Public Room at the Grace Hudson Museum. Ms. Morzenti, an acclaimed raptor expert, will share pictures, stories, and a wealth of information from her many years of teaching about and working with eagles, hawks, kites, falcons, and harriers. All are welcome. Please note new day, time, and location for this and future Peregrine Audubon meetings.

      Saturday September 18, 7 a.m.: Field Trip to Hawk Hill on the Marin Headlands: Come see hundreds of raptors (birds of prey) as they fly over Hawk Hill on their age-old migration down the Pacific coast. Hawk Hill is on the Marin Headlands, so plan for a long day. Bring a lunch, lots of water, binoculars, a favorite bird ID book, and layered clothing, as it can be cold there. Loaner binoculars may be available. Meet at Long's Parking lot (near Orchard Ave) at 6:50 a.m. We will leave at 7 a.m. sharp. Come prepared to carpool. Call 467-1341 for more information.