961Red-eyed Vireo

  • Robert J. Keiffer
    Jul 20 11:03 AM
      Tuesday - 20 July 2004 - This morning at around 9:00 AM Chuck Vaughn, while
      working with the Lyme Disease Research mist-netting group, mist netted an
      adult Red-eyed Vireo on the UC Hopland Research & Extension Center. Chuck
      was kind enough to call me on the Center radio and I was able to see the
      bird also and release it.
      We have no idea if it will hang around. This is Mendocino county's first
      record for this long-overdue expected vagrant species. Bob Keiffer

      Robert J. Keiffer
      Principal Supt. of Agriculture
      UC Hopland Research & Extension Center
      4070 University Road