92Great-tailed Grackle

  • Jerry White
    May 24, 2001
      This morning in Lake County I found a very vocal adult male Great-tailed Grackle. The bird was in Library Park in Lakeport and was first seen about 10:30 am. I last saw the bird at about 3:30 PM. I again searched for the bird between 5 & 6 PM with no success.
      It basically moved from the willow tree along the shoreline south of TNT restaurant through the main part of the park behind the "library" building.
      This is the third record for the county but the first time local birders have seen one here.

      Jerry White (#280)

      note: the Black Terns found on Sunday put the Lake County list at 297.