884Barred Owls

  • vishnu
    Apr 15, 2004
      Hello all,
      I hit it good this afternoon. Walking in Montgomery Woods I was just at the
      Kellieowen Grove when the deep silence exploded with a deep owl call
      somewhat behind me and then from within the grove a more complex Barred Owl,
      "Who cooks..." type call. They spoke loudly to each other for a few minutes
      as the first owl flew into the grove; eventually joining the other on a high
      branch and apparently food which had been brought in was exchanged.
      Good views for about a minute and then the one flew off leaving its mate in
      the grove.
      This occurred at 6:20 pm and though I remained in the area for another hour
      there were no subsequent vocalizations or appearance.
      Vishnu
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic