752South Coast Report - 11/1

  • Matthew Matthiessen
    Nov 1, 2003
      Sat 11/1 - Today was a banner day on the coast for SNOW GEESE. On North
      Windy Hollow Rd at 0900 I had a group of 45 SNGO and six ROSS'S GEESE
      fly overhead. An hour later on Miner Hole Rd I had another group of 50
      SNGO and one ROSO fly over. Finally at 1130 I had a third group of 25
      SNGO flying south over the ocean from Point Arena Lighthouse Rd.

      Other birds of interest were a PALM WARBLER along the Garcia River at
      the end of Miner Hole Rd. Also on Miner Hole Rd was a daggetti
      RED-BREASTED SAPSUCKER. At the north end of Windy Hollow Rd South
      were a pair of tan-striped WHITE-THROATED SPARROWS. Finally, there was
      a pair of GREATER WHITE-FRONTED GEESE on Hunters Lagoon. There were no
      swans on the Garcia Flats and there was no Tropical Kingbird at mm 35.18
      of Hwy 1.

      Of non-bird note were two bobcats, one on Miner Hole Rd and one along
      North Windy Hollow Rd.

      - Matthew Matthiessen
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic