743Re: [Mendobirds] Chukar

  • Janet Rosen
    Oct 26, 2003
      Hi. There was a small flock of them July 2002 in the brush past the
      fence at the south end of the Ukiah Sewage Ponds; the staff there had a
      photo of one wandering past the office and I saw the flock. Folks I
      contacted at local chapter suggested they were escaped from CIty of 10K

      --- Jim Armstrong <jimarm@...> wrote:
      > Of interest but not importance: Some friends who live just inside
      > Mendocino County on the north side of Highway 20 have had a plump
      > Chukar around their house for the last week or so. I did not find a
      > record of this species for the county at the Peregrine webpage. It
      > is nonnative, of course, a singleton and somewhat tame (not banded,
      > as far as we can see) so probably not a part of a wild breeding
      > population. I'll post again if more appear.

      Janet Rosen
      Open eyes, open mind, open heart

      Do you Yahoo!?