656USTP 8/2

  • Chuck & Barbara Vaughn
    Aug 2, 2003
      Greeting Mendobirders: I birded the Ukiah Sewage Treatment Plant this
      morning (8/2) and there was quite a bit of activity out there. I saw 6
      WILSON'S PHALAROPES on the middle pond on the exposed grassy
      hummocks. There were also lots of peeps (I saw just LEAST and WESTERN) and
      a number of LONG-BILLED DOWITCHERS on all 3 oxidation ponds. Among the
      hundreds of MALLARDS, etc was the first NORTHERN PINTAIL I've seen here
      this summer/fall. There was also a juvenile CALIFORNIA GULL hanging around
      the ponds. WILSON'S WARBLERS are already moving south down the river, and
      a newly-arrived MARSH WREN was singing in the weeds on the middle
      pond. Some of you sharp-eyed birders get on out there! Incidentally,
      Barbara and I have been enjoying the hummingbird wars at our feeders since
      the SELASPHORUS started arriving about a week ago.

      Chuck and Barbara Vaughn
      1550 Deerwood Drive
      Ukiah, CA 95482
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic