6277Re: [Mendobirds] Re: Quail Populations Rachel Carson?

  • David Barry
    Jul 24 2:25 PM
      Regarding Quail population dynamics,

      Domestic Cats and habitat degradation (loss) are 2 of the largest impacts causing a decline in Quail populations.

      Dave Barry
      Santa Rosa

      On Thursday, July 24, 2014 10:56 AM, "Andrea Davis tworns@... [Mendobirds]" <Mendobirds-noreply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      ...And domestic cats. We live in Ukiah and I think that our neighbor's cats have made a dent in our local wildlife, including baby quail. We had 9 babies on Day 1, 6 on Day 7, 3 on Day 14. There are still 3 at 7 weeks old. The family has recently picked up another adult male and female.

      Andrea Davis

    • Show all 7 messages in this topic