      From: Lanctot, Richard <richard_lanctot@...>
      Date: Tue, Jul 15, 2014 at 5:14 PM
      Subject: Re: FW: [Mendobirds] Western Sandpiper (banded) from Barrow seen in CA on 15 July
      To: "Doster, Rob" <rob_doster@...>, Mendobirds@yahoogroups.com

      Hi Rob and Mendobirds!

      I believe this is a WESA that was banded in Barrow, Alaska on 14 July 2010 at a nest site by Andy Doll.  The flag had a white engraving with the code "K2" but this appears to have disappeared - hence my not 100% certainty but all the colors match.  The Barrow site uses the red and green flag code though so it seems likely.   I would appreciate learning the coordinates of the site where it was observed in CA.

      Thanks,  Rick

      Richard Lanctot, PhD
      Region 7 Shorebird Coordinator
      U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service
      1011 East Tudor Road, MS 201
      Anchorage, Alaska 99503
      Ph: 907-786-3609
      Fax: 907-786-3641

      "Hockey is Life - Keep your stick on the ice!"  Unknown author

      On Tue, Jul 15, 2014 at 12:48 PM, Doster, Rob <rob_doster@...> wrote:
      Hi Rick and Brad,

      This color-marked Western Sandpiper was just reported at a wastewater treatment plant in Ukiah, CA.  Do you know if someone in AK is marking birds with these colors?  I'll suggest the observer submit the band combinations to www.reportband.gov, but I was curious if either of you might recognize the markers.

      Thanks,
      Rob

      Robert H. Doster, Ph.D.
      U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service
      Migratory Bird Program
      2800 Cottage Way, Suite W-2606
      Sacramento, CA  95825

      916-414-6721

      To: Mendobirds@yahoogroups.com
      From: Mendobirds@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2014 13:35:10 -0700
      Subject: [Mendobirds] Western Sandpiper (banded)

      7/15/14 1:00 pm

      There was a Western Sandpiper that was banded at the Ukiah WWTP today. Colors only, right leg had Orange-Red-Orange and left leg had Green-Red from top to bottom. Photo's on Flickr
      Western Sandpiper (banded)

      Western Sandpiper (banded)
      To take full advantage of Flickr, you should use a JavaScript-enabled browser and install the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player. Western Sandpiper (ban...

      Preview by Yahoo

      Western Sandpiper (banded)2

      Western Sandpiper (banded)2
      To take full advantage of Flickr, you should use a JavaScript-enabled browser and install the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player. Western Sandpiper (ban...

      Preview by Yahoo

      Steve Stump