6215Mountain Bluebird at Little River Airport

  • richhubie
    Jun 8, 2014

      8 June, 2014--Sunday--This morning and early afternoon there has been a female MOUNTAIN BLUEBIRD at the Little River Airport. First found it on a power pole at the entrance road to the airport. Later viewed it near the windsock and hovering out in the center of the  airport and when I left it was along the hangers on the taxiway going west.

      Since it was a female I have spent some time with my bird books to make sure of the ID.

      If you plan on chasing it, remember that it is a working FAA controlled airport.

      Richard Hubacek

      Little River