6135FOS Wilson's Warbler - Ten Mile River

    Mar 27, 2014
      Thu, 27 March, 2014 --  Early this morning, I took a quick jaunt up the north fork of Ten Mile River and found a male WILSON'S WARBLER singing low in a willow at mm 1.0.  There were many other singing birds and a good-sized flock just beyond the low bridge.  On my way back to Hwy 1, there was another small flock with a PACIFIC-SLOPE FLYCATCHER (first one for the coast).

      I have noticed on eBird and Mendobirds that the influx of early migrants has been in the inland part of MEN County almost exclusively.  I have not been able to drive over to Ukiah or Hopland, so the first Wilson's Warbler on the coast side excited me.

      A couple of OSPREY were circling near the Ten Mile River bridge at mm 70.00 on Hwy 1.

      Karen Havlena
      North of Fort Bragg, MEN, California