6127White-throated Swifts

  • George Chaniot
    Mar 23, 2014
      Sat, 22 Mar 2014 -- This afternoon around 5 PM I went to the Pioneer Bridge
      over the Eel River N. of Potter Valley to look for the WHITE-THROATED SWIFTS
      reported by Steve Stump on March 20th. They were an easy find. At least 5
      were flying around the bridge the whole period I was there. One was
      fluttering around a drain hole on the underside of the bridge - as were
      Northern Rough-winged Swallows. Last year the swifts apparently nested here
      for the first time, and the prospects look good for this year.

      George Chaniot
      Potter Valley, MEN, CA

      From Route 20 take Potter Valley Road, and follow it until it turns into
      Eastside Road. At Hopper's Corner turn right (N) onto Eel River Road.
      Follow it "over the hill" to the Eel River drainage. Take the right fork at
      the top of the hill and follow it to the bridge.
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic