6078Harris's Sparrow - negative

  • Robert Keiffer
    Feb 15, 2014
      15 February 2014 - Saturday - Ryan Keiffer & I tried for the Harris's Sparrow at Willits this afternoon at about 2:30PM.   We stayed for about one-half hour with no luck ...but the drizzle was turning to rain while we were there and the birds were "hunkered down".   It was probably in the obvious brush piles ...but just would not come out.  The Ross's Goose and 7 Greater White-fronted Geese were at Crofoot's pasture 4 miles north of Hopland.   Better luck next time for the Harris's ... Good Birding  Bob Keiffer   Hopland   rjkeiffer@...