60521/31 Lake Cleone Black-capped Chickadee continues

  • Chuck and Barbara Vaughn
    Jan 31, 2014
      Greetings Mendobirders- I spent a good part of today birding with Richard
      Hubacek in the Fort Bragg area. After having dipped on the Lake Cleone
      Black-capped Chickadee 4 times in Dec and Jan, I did finally get a good,
      though brief, look at it at 1015 today. It was in the most commonly
      described location, just southerly of the NE corner of the Lake Cleone
      boardwalk. It was pretty much by itself. We tried for Rock Sandpipers at
      3 locations during the 7.2' high tide later in the morning and saw none.
      However, we did see an adult Glaucous Gull at the N end of Virgin Creek
      Beach.

      Chuck

      --
      Chuck and Barbara Vaughn