5894Red-naped Sapsucker @ Riverside Park

  • bengston.dave
    Nov 14, 2013
      Today, 11.14.13, I birded Riverside Park at the end of Gobbi St in Ukiah.  I found a Red-naped Sapsucker about 11:30.  It was located down the asphalt walking trail, around the first turn.  The Sapsucker was located just east of where the fence ends on the right of the trail.  It was towards the river in the large Walnut trees; then moved to a Willow and finally flew across the river.  I was gone when the Sapsucker was there last January, but from talking to folks, they saw the previous Sapsucker in the same location, so perhaps this is a returning bird.

      Another interesting species was a flock of American Pipits in the field north of the Park that I found when I went to photograph the White-tialed Kite family.  The park is currently loaded with many many Sparrows, Robins, and Starlings.

      Dave Bengston
      Ukiah