5823FOF Golden-crowned; still have Selasphorus

  • AlbionWood
    Sep 28, 2013
      Friday, 27 September 2013 - The fine warm weather caused a
      Golden-crowned Sparrow to sing his sad song all afternoon here. First
      I've heard this fall.

      We still have at least one Selasphorus hummingbird, an apparent
      hatch-year bird, among the hordes of Anna's visiting our feeders (and
      everything else that looks remotely like a flower). There has been an
      apparent influx of Anna's over the past two or three weeks, just after
      the Selasphorus (mostly) departed.

      Cheers,
      Tim Bray
      Middle Ridge, Albion