5752Shorebirds at Virgin Creek Beach 8/24

    Aug 24, 2013
      Sat, 24 August, 2013 -- There was a nice variety of birds this morning on my "Save Our Shorebirds" survey.  A PECTORAL SANDPIPER and 3 LESSER YELLOWLEGS were in the creek.  (Becky & Win Bowen had 2 PECTORAL Sandpipers and approx. 30 SNOWY PLOVERS on Ten Mile beach this morning).  I also had 2 SNOWY PLOVERS at Virgin Creek, along with a BAIRD'S SANDPIPER and 2 RED-NECKED PHALAROPES.

      Virgin Creek beach is in MacKerricher SP, just north of Fort Bragg.

      Karen Havlena
      North of Fort Bragg, MEN, Ca