5710Re: Least Bittern in Lake County

  • gchaniot
    Jul 19, 2013
      Fri, 19 July 2013 -- This morning I visited this same spot and also saw a LEAST BITTERN in the tules S. of the rocks at about 07:30. It flew toward me and disappeared into the tules only about 30 feet S. of the rock.
      From the parking lot walk S. for about 100 yards to a picnic table and follow a trail out to the rocks on the shore.

      <http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist?subID=S14685459

      George Chaniot
      Potter Valley, MEN, CA

      --- In Mendobirds@yahoogroups.com, "Jerry White" <white-jerry@...> wrote:

      > This morning at about 9:45 AM I saw a LEAST BITTERN. The bird flew into the tules south of the outcrop of rocks (where Rodman Slough and Clear Lake meet) at Rodman Slough County Park. This is the same location where Least Bittern's were seen several years ago. Jerry White

    • Show all 2 messages in this topic