5687Introducing: Basics of Seabird ID - Sun, 19 September

    Jun 28, 2013
      Have you been reluctant to take all-day pelagic trips?  Mendocino Coast Audubon is
      excited to announce a new, special boat trip to learn about seabirds and ocean
      mammals.  Biologist Ron LeValley will be your expert instructor.  He will share many
      entertaining stories about the birds and animals that call the ocean
      home.  The trip
      will leave Noyo harbor, Fort Bragg, and travel several miles offshore for approximately
      3-1/2 hours.  The seas are usually fairly calm in September.

      The trip is by
      reservation only.  Please contact Karen Havlena at jkhavlena@...
      before trying to send payment.  Sorry, but the boat has no handicapped facilities and
      access to the vessel will be difficult.  Also, children must be at least 11 years of age.

      Meeting time:  8-am, Sunday, 15 September, 2013, returning about 12-noon
      Place: North Harbor Drive, Fort Bragg, at the TELSTAR dock
      Cost: $55 per person, prepaid by check only

      Please contact Karen to reserve a space.  Payment instructions and directions will be
      provided.  After payment, a detailed confirmation will be sent to you outlining tips for
      snacks, clothing, and seasickness prevention.

      This trip is designed for beginners, and we look forward to escorting you on a fun-filled,
      educational trip. >Note to experienced seabirders: If there are plenty of spaces available
      closer to September 15th, we will invite you to sign up.

      We look forward to welcoming you newcomers aboard.  Thanks!

      Karen Havlena