5678American Kestrel Nest

  • Cate
    Jun 18, 2013
      Greetings Mendobirders,
      We are excited to announce that a pair of American Kestrels has nested
      again on the Noyo River. This week we saw 2 chicks peering out of the
      hole in their nesting box. Here's a link
      37393.119896.73299907393&type=1&theater¬if_t=like> to a photo.
      Other Noyo bird happenings include - a Common Merganser with 21!!!!
      ducklings. We have been seeing several active Belted Kingfisher nests
      including one right across from the old launch ramp at Dolphin Isle (we
      will try to post when the new fledglings appear - it will be a great
      spot to watch the parents teach the fledglings to fish). Green herons
      have been around, but we are not certain if they are nesting again in
      the area. 4 osprey nests within a 1/2 mile of us and a Blue Heron Nest
      just up river makes things quite lively.
      Purple Martins are nesting under the Noyo Bridge. We have been seeing
      them regularly in and out of their nests on our kayak tours.
      Happy Birding,
      Cate and JeffLiquid Fusion Kayaking <http://www.liquidfusionkayak.com>