5658White-throated Swifts

  • George Chaniot
    Jun 4, 2013
      Tue, 04 Jun 2013 -- This morning Park Steiner, Scott Harris, and I saw at
      least six WHITE-THROATED SWIFTS at the Pioneer Crossing Bridge on the Eel
      River north of Potter Valley where we saw them on the 11 May Peregrine
      Audubon field trip. Scott says that he has been seeing them regularly for
      about a month and that they have been nesting in the outer two drain holes
      beneath the north end of the span. Today they were making spectacular low
      passes over the bridge at close range. They tend to be absent for 10-15
      minutes and then appear suddenly like gangbusters.

      George Chaniot
      Potter Valley, MEN, CA
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic