5656Purple Martin

  • Robert Keiffer
    Jun 4, 2013
      3 June 2013 - Monday - I observed a pair of PURPLE MARTINS atop the power pole on the northeast corner of the Hopland Superette store building in downtown Hopland. Ryan Keiffer also told me that he observed 3 PURPLE MARTINS along University Road, flying over the vineyards and the "Ski Pond" just before you get to the large HREC sign (at the end of the long straight stretch). These birds are probably either nesting or roosting in the large-diameter power pole on the south side of the road as they have in years' past. Good birding. Bob Keiffer rjkeiffer@...<mailto:rjkeiffer@...>

      [Toolkit_Email_Sig_WIN]
      Robert J. Keiffer - Superintendent
      4070 University Rd.
      Hopland, CA 95449