5598Solitary Sandpiper still continues on Scott's Valley Road 4.24.13

  • Dave
    Apr 24, 2013
      24 April, 2013 - I tried for the Solitary Sandpiper at 5115 Scott's Valley Road for the second time today and was glad that I did. I got there at 9:15 am and spotted it immediately in the area behind the utility pole. I got a good luck and then started talking to a neighbor and when I turned around it was gone. I did not see it for the next 50 minutes and I did not see it leave so I had no idea whether it left the pond or just hid.

      The ponds are on the west side of the Scott's Valley Rd about 4.8 miles south of Hwy 20.

      Dave Bengston
      Ukiah