5558Common Gallinule returns to Mendocino College

  • larosaco
    Apr 1, 2013
      Hi Everybody,
      This afternoon around 2:30 I spotted a COMMON GALLINULE at the small south pond on the Mendocino College campus. I have not seen this species here since February when it was reportedly eaten as evidenced by a pile of Moorhen feathers. Well this may be a different bird but it is in the same location hanging around with an AMCO. Also on site was the resident GREEN HERON. I have seen a Red breasted Nuthatch here and a couple of Rufous Hummingbirds in the past couple weeks too, none today though.
      Great spring day today, lots of Bullfrogs, some dragonflies, and wildflowers in bloom. There were Butterflies too, a West Coast Lady, a Mourning Cloak and a Western Tiger Swallowtail as well as some other little flying things I could not identify. I know this isn't MendoButterflies but I thought I would give them a mention.
      Enjoy the Spring weather, Seth LaRosa