5472LAKE Ferruginous Hawk and Lewis's Woodpecker

  • dhecomovich
    Feb 17, 2013
      Jeannette Knight and I had two light-morph Ferruginous Hawks this morning at the previously reported site in the field east of Callayomi Road off Butts Canyon Road north of Middletown. The Burrowing Owls were absent. We had six Lewis's Woodpeckers at the Detert Reservoir where they have been seen in the trees on both sides of Butts Canyon Road at the west end of Detert Reservoir.At the Reservoir we had 52 Canada Geese, 61 Ring-necked Ducks, 2 Lesser Scaup, 7 Hooded Mergansers, 16 Ruddy Ducks, an abundance of Mallards, and 2 Tree Swallows.

      Darlene Hecomovich
      Cobb