      From: Mendonoma Sightings
      Sent: Wednesday, December 26, 2012 3:14 PM
      To: jackson2@...
      Subject: Mendonoma Sightings

      Mendonoma Sightings

      Al, the famous Laysan Albatross, has returned to the waters off Point Arena

      We have been on "Al" watch since late last month and we were beginning to think this unique Laysan Albatross wasn't going to grace us with its presence this winter. There was a possible sighting on Dec. 6th by a visitor from Chicago but there was no confirmation by others and no photo. Nancy Morin saw Al on Saturday, Dec. 22nd and her sighting was confirmed.

      Mark Ricci photographed surfer Kim Swenson interacting with "Al" in the late afternoon on Dec. 24th.

      To learn more about Point Arena's most famous visitor, here's the link to the Mendocino Coast Audubon Society: http://www.mendocinocoastaudubon.org/mcas_al.html It has a schedule of Al's (or Alice's) comings and goings.

      Thanks to Mark for allowing me to share his photos with you here. To see a close-up photo of Al, here's the link: http://mendonomasightings.blogspot.com/2011/12/al-laysan-albatross-returned-yesterday.html
      You are subscribed to email updates from Mendonoma Sightings
      To stop receiving these emails, you may unsubscribe now. Email delivery powered by Google