5335Immature Lark Sparrow - Ocean Meadows

    Dec 4, 2012

      Tue, 4 December, 2012 -- There is a very pale, 1st winter LARK SPARROW feeding
      in the yard.  It is light gray and white, but the wing greater coverts' black centers cut
      through the white tips to make the upper wing bar look scalloped.  My sparrows
      photographic field guide points out this feature twice.

      We have had three adult Lark Sparrows since 2006, but this is the first youngster.

      Karen Havlena
      Ocean Meadows / Ten Mile Area
      North of Fort Bragg, MEN, California