      From: Matthew Matthiessen
      To: Mendobirds@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Friday, January 03, 2003 10:14 AM
      Subject: [Mendobirds] Reported Black-capped Chickadee - 1/1/03

      I just called the N CA birdbox (415-681-7422) and there is a report from
      Bill Myers and Thomas ??? (couldn't understand the last name) from
      Pasadena of a BLACK-CAPPED CHICKADEE on Jan 1 at Van Damme State Park.
      The only details provided are that it was seen foraging with a group of
      Chestnut-backed Chickadees. From other comments made I inferred that
      the chicadees were seen in the vicinity of a campsite where Gray Jays
      are coming to some cat food put out for them (this is only my
      inference).

      I'm putting this notice on Mendobirds as I think this would be a first
      county record. If anyone knows either of the gentlemen who made this
      report could you please have them contact Mendobirds or me
      (matthima@...) with additional details? Thanks.

      Also mentioned was a SWAMP SPARROW at MacKerricher State Park.

      Matthew Matthiessen
      Ukiah, CA

      Yahoo! Groups Sponsor