      From: jackson_us <jackson2@...>
      To: Mendobirds@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Thursday, February 23, 2012 1:57 PM
      Subject: [Mendobirds] Canada Geese on the move! And Al returned on Tuesday afternoon

      Thanks to Rich Kuehn's phone call, I saw several large flocks of Canada Geese flying northward yesterday. One flock had 400+ birds. It was interesting to see the large V followed by a long single line of these Geese. As they passed by Fish Rocks, which is near Anchor Bay, the birds dipped down and flew lower, just above the ocean. Yes, Canada Geese are on the move. An interesting note, perhaps - Rich saw the largest group passing by his Sea Ranch home at 11:35 am. I saw them off of Anchor Bay at 11:53 am.

      And Beth Petit reported that Al, our favorite Laysan Albatross, returned to the waters off the Point Arena Pier Tuesday between 1 pm and 4 pm.

      Jeanne Jackson, Anchor Bay