4653Ward Ave Birds - Cleone- Harlequin Duck

    Sep 30, 2011
      30 Sept 2011 -- Good friend, Barbara Dolan, visiting in Ukiah this weekend,
      drove over to MacKerricher SP to meet Jim and me for some birding.  At
      Ward Ave, near the start of Ten Mile beach, we saw a male HARLEQUIN
      DUCK and a female BLACK SCOTER in the usual scoter flock.  A
      WHITE-WINGED SCOTER flew south with a different flock of scoters.
      Our first AMERICAN PIPIT of the fall flew over.

      We did not have a great deal of luck at Laguna Point, but there were quite
      a few COMMON MURRES, adult with youngsters, and two late PIGEON
      GUILLEMOTS.  Walking around Lake Cleone wasvery quiet (NO chickadees
      nor bushtits).  We did see a pair of PILEATED WOODPECKERS, however.

      The most important thing was getting to visit with Barbara !!!

      Karen and Jim Havlena & Barbara Dolan
      North of Fort Bragg, MEN, Cal