4536Ten Mile Beach Shorebirds

    Jul 5 2:50 PM
      Tue, 5 July 2011 -- This morning I hiked my first Ten Mile Beach survey of
      the season.  I had about 300 WESTERN SANDPIPERs, 2 SNOWY PLOVERs and
      a SHORT-BILLED DOWITCHER.  The 2 Snowies could be the same ones found on
      Sunday by Win & Becky Bowen, but they were in a different location.  Win's were
      at Inglenook Creek and mine were south of Fen Creek and were separated from each
      other.  Also, 7 CASPIAN TERNs and 11 WHIMBRELs flew south above the surfline.

      Karen Havlena
      North of Fort Bragg, MEN, California