4281Hybrid Zono and Lake Mendo Ducks

  • Matt Brady
    Jan 11, 2011
      Hello all. Oscar Johnson found an apparent hybrid WHITE-CROWNED x
      GOLDEN-CROWNED SPARROW early this morning at the bird feeder in my parent's
      backyard here in Potter Valley. We were able to get photos of this striking
      bird.

      Mid-morning, Oscar, Abe Borker, Amy Patten and I searched for the Tufted Duck at
      the north end of Lake Mendocino, but could not find it. We did, however, see:
      two female RED-BREASTED MERGANSERS, two HORNED GREBES, one female CANVASBACK,
      one female COMMON GOLDENEYE, one male RING-NECKED DUCK and one WESTERN TANAGER,
      in the the oaks at the Pomo A picnic area. Good birding,

      Matt Brady
      Potter Valley