4222Tufted Duck at Lake Mendocino

  • George Chaniot
    Dec 23, 2010
      Thu, 23 Dec 2010 -- This morning at about 9:00 Jerry White found a male
      TUFTED DUCK at the north end of Lake Mendocino. It was hanging out with
      Greater Scaups near the north boat launch. When I last saw it, it was
      moving up into the inlet with a small group of scaup, and I was able to look
      down on it from one of the pullouts on Route 20. It's a pretty typical male
      but with a few dusky feathers retained in the white sides.
      That's 2010 #310 for Jerry. Does anyone know of a Red-naped Sapsucker?

      George Chaniot
      Potter Valley, MEN, CA
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic